August 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary.



11 years married today. L-o-v-e him. I met him 22 years ago, and stayed up until 3am asking him anything and everything I could think up - I just had to know him. He was this larger than life presence with the most infectious personality. Our paths crossed continuously until I was 21. I remember calling into work "sick" because I knew friends were going for lunch and there was the POSSIBILITY that he would be there. I was so drawn to him and all that he brought to any room he occupied. When we finally went out on our first date, the couple seated next to us at the restaurant got engaged. A good sign.

There were definitely times in the 16 years of dating/marriage that we almost didn't make it, but I am so, so happy that we did. We are on the best path now, side by side,  smiles on our faces.  He makes me laugh daily, is THE best friend my life has ever known and fills my heart up with his gentle and kind disposition. Without a doubt, the smartest decision I have ever made. And those who know me know that decision making never comes easy.  It's been a sad year for several friends whose marriages have fallen by the wayside. You have one crack at this life - you have to make it count. If you are with someone that loves you in ANY light, makes you laugh, is the first person you want to tell anything to and your favourite person to share your precious spare time with, then you are definitely on the right track.
xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a heart warming post. Congratulations ! :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet, Kelly ~ Congratulations to you guys!

kelly said...

Thank you so much!!