July 19, 2011

365-over half way there!

Today, I'm on photo 187 of my 365. (Technically, by this stage, I'm supposed to be on photo 200, but when I had some bad days during the first trimester of nausea and vomiting, photo taking definitely fell to the wayside). There have been days where I have cursed myself for starting this project - a lot of days where I'd come home from work, make dinner, hit the gym and then at 9pm scratch my head wondering just what the $&#^! I was going to take a photo of. You can definitely spot those days in the mix. I thought since I'm just over half way through this, I'd attach my favourite 10 photos so far, for the reasons listed below:
    I picked this photo because I usually feel very plain jane, but in this photo, I feel like I pulled off a nice self portrait. 
    

    I quickly shot this just before I ran out the door to meet up with my girlfriends, but I like the tones and 
    the slight naughtiness of it all.

    This photo just makes me smile. I think all it needs is the Jaws theme playing in the background.

    I love this photo because I simply can't get enough of this face. Also, I think it captures the gentleness          
    that he possesses so richly. 

    A train is speeding by in front of this tree. I just like the whirr of colour and movement that it created. 

I love this photo of my grandma on her 100th. I love the spark in her smile and eyes. 

    I chose this photo simply because I think the beauty found in nature is beyond comparison. 

    This is my niece. I chose this because it really captures her spirit - a little shy and incredibly happy. 
    This photo was taken after we found out we were going to have a baby. I felt like I had won the             
    lottery. I never thought this long held dream of ours would come true. And when it did? Elation. 

    I chose this photo because it has been Explored on Flickr this week. Flickr is a photo sharing site where people upload approx. 20,000 photos an hour. Flickr puts their favourite 500 photos a day in Explore. I was pretty surprised but very excited that this photo on work/life balance was picked.

Thanks to each and every one of you who has checked in here from time to time to follow this little blog of mine. Your time means a lot to me! 



No comments: