July 14, 2011

for the team...



 During the past two weeks I've transitioned into my old department at work after doing two back-to-back maternity coverages in two other positions. After two years away from my team, I felt r-u-s-t-y. It also has taken getting used to being up at 5:30 again, but now that I'm back in the routine, I love it. The job has also changed tremendously since my absence. The baby brain I'm sporting these days certainly hasn't helped matters. Let's just say I've done extensive note taking so the new info doesn't slip into this endless baby brain crevasse. (It really is a legitimate thing. Just ask any woman who has experienced pregnancy. The other day I called my husband and said, "hon are you there?" He said, "yes, what's up?" I said, "I forget. Call you later." Scary. But I digress....)
Returning to my old department, it feels like I'm home again. This team feels like family to me. I've literally grown up with a lot of these people. It has also been wonderful having so many young parents in our group to bounce questions off of. I love how at the end of the workday, we sit in a circle and chat about anything and everything. I baked some lemon bars tonight to surprise them with tomorrow as a little token of thanks for all of their help with my transition back.
Here's the recipe I followed for yummy lemon bars.

No comments: