July 4, 2011

weekend roundup


Hello Friends! It's been an extremely busy weekend! After work Friday, our friends hosted an impromptu Canada Day potluck get-together. I wish I had taken photos because I laughed my ass off that night. (Figuratively speaking, not literally(unfortunately). Saturday morning we went downtown to visit our friends Chris & Lynda and their sweet daughter Emily. While the boys mountain biked, Lynda showed me some amazing baby shops in her wonderful Kitsilano neighbourhood. We met the boys for lunch and grabbed some tres bonne food from Baguette & Co. on Broadway. For $8.99 you get a delicious sandwich, drink and one of their amazing desserts. Killer deal! I had a fantastique chicken and egg sandwich, an iced tea and followed it up with one of their mini lemon meringue pies. Baby was happy :) This pregnancy has definitely conjured up a new love affair with food. I used to just eat to survive, but now the thought of a good meal makes me giddy. We dashed home from Vancouver, and within the hour, walked the dog and then headed out again to visit friends for dinner. Our friends Neil and Marie are driving across Canada this week to set up their new roots in Montreal. I am so excited for them. I've heard nothing but great things about Montreal and think it is going to be such a fun place for them to explore. I can't wait to visit them and see what they've discovered.  The last three photos above are of my mom and dad's new place. After a fantastic prenatal yoga, I helped them with their move on Sunday. We sat outside for lunch and it really felt like dining in a park. We even got to eat fresh strawberries from their new garden.  I know they are going to be so happy in this new space. They both said they instantly felt at home. Because we worked on Friday during the Canadian stat holiday, we get today off. For the first time I can remember this year, we've had three gorgeous sunny days in a row. I hope you had a wonderful long weekend in your neck of the woods! 

No comments: